Terms & Conditions
Agreement of Understanding – Waiver – Terms and Conditions
This Agreement is between [PAW PALS PETS NURSERY ] (“Paw Pals”) and [You] (“the Pet Owner”). The Pet Owner agrees that it has the legal authority to enter into this Agreement. Paw Pals and the Pet Owner agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Payment: Payment in full is due on or before the day Paw Pals begins taking care of the Pet Owner’s animal(s).
- Cancellation: To cancel or alter a booking, the Pet Owner is required to contact Paw Pals by phone or through email. Cancellations and alterations of visits are of no cost if made no less than 2 hours before said visit. If said visit is less than 2 hours away the Pet Owner will be subject to the full visit cost.
- Consultation: The first consultation for new clients is free of charge within office hours. Consultations after 5 pm or on the weekend come at a charge of 105 AED. Cancellations or alterations to consultations are of no cost, unless the employee of Paw Pals is already on the way to, or at the Pet Owner’s residence for said consultation. If the Pet Owner wishes to reschedule in this case, a consultation fee will be charged for the rescheduled consult.
- Photographic and Video Materials: All photographic and video material taken of the Pet Owner’s pets during visits may be used by Paw Pals for it’s online channels: Facebook, Instagram/Threads, YouTube, Twitter/X, TikTok, LinkedIn, Google Business and www.pawpals.ae. Usage outside the bounds of this agreement will require the Pet Owner’s consent. If the Pet Owner wishes to opt out of photographic and/or video materials being used this can be requested by contacting Paw Pals..
- Scheduling: The Pet Owner agrees that on weekends, holidays, and/or during illness of the assigned employee of Paw Pals, the visits with the Pet Owner’s pets will be conducted by qualified weekend and/or substitute pet sit/dog walk staff employed by Paw Pals.
- Communication: The Pet Owner agrees to send all requests, questions, updates of routine, and feedback to the main office of Paw Pals.
- Illness. The Pet Owner agrees to notify Paw Pals of any signs of injury or possible illness before any visit as soon as the condition appears. Paw Pals reserves the right to cancel service at any location where a pet with a potentially infectious condition exists. Paw Pals strives to provide clean, safe service to each of the clients. In doing so, Paw Pals strongly recommends that each pet be vaccinated, de-wormed, and protected from harmful insects/parasites according to veterinary recommendations.
- Medical Emergencies: If a medical emergency arises, Paw Pals will make every effort to contact the Pet Owner before seeking medical treatment for the pet(s). However, if time is of the essence or Paw Pals are unable to reach the Pet Owner, the Pet Owner authorises Paw Pals to take the pet(s) to the veterinary hospital for treatment. The Pet Owner assumes full responsibility for the payment and/or reimbursement for any and all veterinary services rendered, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, grooming, medical supplies, and boarding. Such payments will be made within 14 days of the initial incident. The Pet Owner also agrees to be responsible for all Special Service fees assessed by Paw Plas for emergency transportation, care, supervision, or hiring of emergency caregivers, and will pay such fees on return. The Pet Owner releases Paw Pals from any and all liabilities related to transportation, treatment and expenses. The Pet Owner authorises Paw Pals and the Pet Owner’s primary Veterinary Surgeon(s) to share all of the medical records of the pets with veterinary clinics in an emergency in the interest of providing the best care for the ill or injured pet(s).
- Supplies: The Pet Owner is responsible for supplying the necessary, safe equipment and supplies needed for the care of their pet. The Pet Owner authorises Paw Pals to make necessary purchases for the performance of duties if the Pet Owner is unable to fulfil this requirement while the pet(s) are in Paw Pals care. The Pet Owner agrees to be responsible for the payment of such items, and the obtaining of the items, and will reimburse Paw Pals.
- Injury: In the event a third-party (another pet or person) is bitten or injured by the Pet Owner’s pet(s), the Pet Owner agrees to pay all medical expenses incurred by Paw Pals or the third-party due to such injury. The Pet Owner agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Paw Pals and its employees, in the event of a claim by any person injured by the Pet Owner’s pet.
- Injury: Paw Pals and its employees will not be held liable for any injuries or illness the Pet Owner’s pets might suffer while in the care of Paw Pals, nor for the death of a pet.
- Balcony/Yard Access: The Pet Owner agrees that they are aware that a secured backyard or balcony is not always 100% safe. Paw Pals does not accept responsibility or liability for the Pet Owner’s pet(s) that escape, are injured, or become lost, when they are left out or are given access to any outdoor area.
- Leash: Dogs are required to be on a leash at all times during dog walks while in the care of Paw Pals.
- Third-Party Access: Paw Pals and its employees cannot be held liable for any damages to property or pets if the Pet Owner allows any other person, whether it’s a neighbour, nanny, helper, friend, family member, cleaner or other person to enter the home during the time Paw Pals is caring for the Pet Owner’s pet(s). If the Pet Owners does allow access to someone other than Paw Pals during the scheduled visits Paw Pals must be notified.
- Burglary: Paw Pals and its employees will not be liable for any loss or damage in the event the Pet Owner’s home is burglarized. The Pet Owner specifically agrees that he or she will secure the home prior to leaving and will provide Paw Pals with instructions on how to properly secure the home. The employee of Paw Pals will secure the home after each visit to the best of their ability. While the keys are in the possession of Paw Pals, they will be either on an employee of Paw Pals’s physical person, or properly stored in a secure location.
- Property Damage: Paw Pals and its employees shall not be responsible for any damage to property owned by the Pet Owner or third-parties unless such damage is caused by a negligent act of the employee of Paw Pals. This includes, but in no way is limited to, water leaks and matters involving electrical systems. Paw Pals will contact the Pet Owner before making a subjective decision on dealing with any problem.
- Property Damage: It is the sole responsibility of the Pet Owner to make sure that their home and garden are “pet-proof”. Paw Pals and its employees will not be responsible for any furniture damage or other damage to the home by the Pet Owner’s pet(s) unless damage is direct negligence of an employee of Paw Pals.
- Property Damage: Paw Pals and its employee will not be responsible for damage done by the Pet Owner’s pets to any household items if the pet(s) have access to said household items. If household items are accessible to pet(s) at any time during the Paw Pals’s stay and/or scheduled assignment, then Paw Pals is not liable for any damage.
- Property Damage: In the event of inclement weather or natural disaster, Paw Pals will use their best judgement in caring for the Pet Owner’s pet(s) and home, but will not be held responsible for any damage to the Pet Owner’s home or injury to the Pet Owner’s pet arising from such decision.
- Liability: Paw Pals and its employees are not liable for pet(s) that are left outside or may escape from the Pet Owner’s property when a employee of Paw Pals is not in attendance – for example, if the Pet Owner uses a doggie door, cat flap, or when pets live and stay outside at times.
- Paw Pals agrees to provide its services in a reliable, caring, and trustworthy manner. In consideration of services as an express condition thereof, the Pet Owner expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against Paw Pals and it’s associates, contractors, partners, vendors, employees, employees or any other person of entity involved in the provision of the service.
The Pet Owner affirms that by entering into this agreement, Paw Pals is specifically authorised to accept all future online, telephone or email reservations, and the assigned employee of Paw Pals may enter the Pet Owner’s premises and home on the requested dates without additional written authorizations and/or signed contracts. Additionally they affirm they grant permission for future veterinary care without the need for additional authorisation when Paw Pals cares for one or more of their pets. The Pet Owner understands that this agreement applies to all of their pets that are within Paw Pals’s care. By accepting this agreement, the Pet Owner confirms that they have the authority to make financial, health, and medical decisions regarding the animals that will be scheduled to receive service.
By accepting these terms and conditions, the Pet Owner states that he/she has read this agreement in its entirety and fully understands and accepts its terms and conditions.
If you have any questions at all, don’t hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 24/10/2023